The latest quarterly statistics from Acturis show that 2018 was a flat year for insurance premiums, with its Commercial Lines Index notching up an increase of just 0.1% on 2017 and nudging up slightly for the final quarter compared to Q4 2017. While this is great news for customers, it brings a number of challenges for brokers and insurers.
Although some lines have bucked the trend with modest increases, the index points to a continuation of the lower premium environment that has been seen
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?