Average comprehensive car insurance premiums fell by 2.7% in the second quarter of 2018 according to the latest AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index.
The benchmark calculated that the average now stands at £648.10 down 10.8% from the all-time high of £726.93 at the end of the second quarter last year.
The research looks at an average of the five cheapest quotes across price comparison sites, direct and broker quotes for typical customers in a fixed nationwide basket of risks.
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018