Average comprehensive car insurance premiums fell by 2.7% in the second quarter of 2018 according to the latest AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index.
The benchmark calculated that the average now stands at £648.10 down 10.8% from the all-time high of £726.93 at the end of the second quarter last year.
The research looks at an average of the five cheapest quotes across price comparison sites, direct and broker quotes for typical customers in a fixed nationwide basket of risks.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews