Average comprehensive car insurance premiums fell by 2.7% in the second quarter of 2018 according to the latest AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index.
The benchmark calculated that the average now stands at £648.10 down 10.8% from the all-time high of £726.93 at the end of the second quarter last year.
The research looks at an average of the five cheapest quotes across price comparison sites, direct and broker quotes for typical customers in a fixed nationwide basket of risks.
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- Vantage owner, NSM, buys UK motor MGA
- Covéa boss Simon Cooter to leave in 2019
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Hyperion launches new technology division