Average comprehensive car insurance premiums fell by 2.7% in the second quarter of 2018 according to the latest AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index.
The benchmark calculated that the average now stands at £648.10 down 10.8% from the all-time high of £726.93 at the end of the second quarter last year.
The research looks at an average of the five cheapest quotes across price comparison sites, direct and broker quotes for typical customers in a fixed nationwide basket of risks.
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings