The final quarter of 2017 had seen all lines bar packages report positive numbers. But expectations of any strengthening have been dashed with more fallers than risers in the first three months of this year.
Fleet was one that stood out with its 0.6% dip. “Frankly I am gobsmacked that the index has gone back in the first quarter,” commented Simon Cooter, commercial lines and high net worth director at Covéa.
Ogden drove rises across the market in 2017 and yet fleet never motored in the manner
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- Circle expands again in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal