The final quarter of 2017 had seen all lines bar packages report positive numbers. But expectations of any strengthening have been dashed with more fallers than risers in the first three months of this year.
Fleet was one that stood out with its 0.6% dip. “Frankly I am gobsmacked that the index has gone back in the first quarter,” commented Simon Cooter, commercial lines and high net worth director at Covéa.
Ogden drove rises across the market in 2017 and yet fleet never motored in the manner
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns