Average quotes for home buildings, contents and combined policies all fell over the first quarter of 2018 but remain higher than a year ago, the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index has calculated.
According to the index, the average quote for a combined buildings and contents policy increased by 4.8% to £161.75 over the last year. This was despite a 0.3% fall in the first quarter of 2018.
The statistics showed that standalone buildings policies increased over 12 months by 5.1% to £117.47 even
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- Circle expands again in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal