Average quotes for home buildings, contents and combined policies all fell over the first quarter of 2018 but remain higher than a year ago, the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index has calculated.
According to the index, the average quote for a combined buildings and contents policy increased by 4.8% to £161.75 over the last year. This was despite a 0.3% fall in the first quarter of 2018.
The statistics showed that standalone buildings policies increased over 12 months by 5.1% to £117.47 even
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings