Average quotes for home buildings, contents and combined policies all fell over the first quarter of 2018 but remain higher than a year ago, the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index has calculated.
According to the index, the average quote for a combined buildings and contents policy increased by 4.8% to £161.75 over the last year. This was despite a 0.3% fall in the first quarter of 2018.
The statistics showed that standalone buildings policies increased over 12 months by 5.1% to £117.47 even
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns