Average quotes for home buildings, contents and combined policies all fell over the first quarter of 2018 but remain higher than a year ago, the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index has calculated.
According to the index, the average quote for a combined buildings and contents policy increased by 4.8% to £161.75 over the last year. This was despite a 0.3% fall in the first quarter of 2018.
The statistics showed that standalone buildings policies increased over 12 months by 5.1% to £117.47 even
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK