The average Shoparound price for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy is marginally less than it was a year ago, according to the latest AA British Insurance Premium Index.
The firm detailed that the measure dropped by 2% between the fourth quarter of 2017 and the first quarter of 2018 to £660.64.
Premiums peaked at a record high during the second quarter of 2017 but have now fallen for three quarters in a row. However, compared to 12 months ago they have reduced by just 0.7%.
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1