The average Shoparound price for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy is marginally less than it was a year ago, according to the latest AA British Insurance Premium Index.
The firm detailed that the measure dropped by 2% between the fourth quarter of 2017 and the first quarter of 2018 to £660.64.
Premiums peaked at a record high during the second quarter of 2017 but have now fallen for three quarters in a row. However, compared to 12 months ago they have reduced by just 0.7%.
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform