The latest AA British Insurance Premium Index has revealed that the average Shoparound quote for a combined buildings and contents policy rose by 1.8% for the fourth quarter of 2017 to £161.80 and, over the year, by 5%.
The AA’s Shoparound index is an average of the five cheapest quotes for each ‘customer’ in a fixed nationwide basket of risks which it said were representative of the insurance-buying public. It uses a mix of price comparison sites, direct and broker quotes.
For home buildings
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings