The latest AA British Insurance Premium Index has revealed that the average Shoparound quote for a combined buildings and contents policy rose by 1.8% for the fourth quarter of 2017 to £161.80 and, over the year, by 5%.
The AA’s Shoparound index is an average of the five cheapest quotes for each ‘customer’ in a fixed nationwide basket of risks which it said were representative of the insurance-buying public. It uses a mix of price comparison sites, direct and broker quotes.
For home buildings
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute