The latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson has revealed that the average comprehensive premium for UK motorists finished 2017 at £827, almost 8% up over the 12 months.
However, the findings also revealed that prices actually fell by an average of 1.3% in the final three months of the year. It was the second quarterly fall in a row.
According to the researchers it was the largest quarterly reduction in premiums seen in more than three years.
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall