The latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson has revealed that the average comprehensive premium for UK motorists finished 2017 at £827, almost 8% up over the 12 months.
However, the findings also revealed that prices actually fell by an average of 1.3% in the final three months of the year. It was the second quarterly fall in a row.
According to the researchers it was the largest quarterly reduction in premiums seen in more than three years.
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA proposes £537.7m fee budget for 2019/20
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth