The latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson has revealed that the average comprehensive premium for UK motorists finished 2017 at £827, almost 8% up over the 12 months.
However, the findings also revealed that prices actually fell by an average of 1.3% in the final three months of the year. It was the second quarterly fall in a row.
According to the researchers it was the largest quarterly reduction in premiums seen in more than three years.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years