The latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson has revealed that the average comprehensive premium for UK motorists finished 2017 at £827, almost 8% up over the 12 months.
However, the findings also revealed that prices actually fell by an average of 1.3% in the final three months of the year. It was the second quarterly fall in a row.
According to the researchers it was the largest quarterly reduction in premiums seen in more than three years.
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute