The latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson has revealed that the average comprehensive premium for UK motorists finished 2017 at £827, almost 8% up over the 12 months.
However, the findings also revealed that prices actually fell by an average of 1.3% in the final three months of the year. It was the second quarterly fall in a row.
According to the researchers it was the largest quarterly reduction in premiums seen in more than three years.
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- SEIB eyeing buys to support ongoing organic growth