The Acturis Premium Index provides eight measures and seven were down on the quarter.
In among these the commercial broking index (see graph above), which measures average premium movements across key lines in a typical broker’s book of business, was down 4% for the fourth quarter when compared to the same period last year.
It was the biggest drop ever measured by the software provider. In addition to this unwelcome record the figures – set with a baseline of 100 in Q1 2010 – showed it had
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal