The Acturis Premium Index provides eight measures and seven were down on the quarter.
In among these the commercial broking index (see graph above), which measures average premium movements across key lines in a typical broker’s book of business, was down 4% for the fourth quarter when compared to the same period last year.
It was the biggest drop ever measured by the software provider. In addition to this unwelcome record the figures – set with a baseline of 100 in Q1 2010 – showed it had reac
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017