The Acturis Premium Index provides eight measures and seven were down on the quarter.
In among these the commercial broking index (see graph above), which measures average premium movements across key lines in a typical broker’s book of business, was down 4% for the fourth quarter when compared to the same period last year.
It was the biggest drop ever measured by the software provider. In addition to this unwelcome record the figures – set with a baseline of 100 in Q1 2010 – showed it had
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns