There have been calls for the regulator to address problems surrounding credit write-backs as brokers become increasingly frustrated with insurer inconsistency.
In response to market demand the Financial Services Authority (FSA) issued guidance in 2009 on its expectations regarding credit write-backs. While it has been clear on how these transactions should be dealt with from a broker’s perspective, experts have called for the regulator to intervene again and focus on insurer behaviour.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall