The insurance sector has responded to the appointment of Boris Johnson as leader of the Conservative Party and Prime Minister of the UK.
Current-PM Theresa May is set to hand in her notice to the Queen and step down later today (24 July) with Johnson set to take up the role following her exit.
Both the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) have released statements on the political changes.
Director general of the ABI, Huw Evans
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018