The Ogden rate has been highly contentious since it was unexpectedly slashed from 2.5% to -0.75% in February 2017.
The Lord Chancellor’s long-awaited decision on Monday (15 July) to raise the rate to -0.25% was met with general disappointment from insurers.The Ogden Rate
The Ogden rate is used to calculate returns on investments for accident claimants who accept lump sum compensation.
The amount they receive is adjusted according to the interest they can expect to earn by investing it.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018