The FCA has warned that fraudsters are using the details of UK General Insurance Limited.
An alert from the regulator cautioned that the Leeds-based provider has been cloned. Scammers have been attempting to conduct authorised business under its name.
The FCA warned customers that fraudsters may use the firm’s reference number to appear legitimate to customers.
A spokesperson for UK General described fake documents issued by the scammers: “The paperwork they provided had other insurers
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?