Fitch Ratings has cautioned that the introduction of price caps could depress industry profits.
The warning follows a proposal by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) to introduce price caps on rolling contracts in multiple markets.
The department is aiming to remedy the ‘loyalty penalty’ that existing customers pay above new customers. Price disparities across five markets, including insurance, are estimated to cost customers £4bn per year.
In a statement published on 24 June, Fitch
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic