The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has announced its levy for 2019/20.
FSCS will levy firms £532m this year, £16m more than it forecast in its Plan and Budget 2019/20 in January.
Picking out figures for general insurance distribution, the figure is actually lower than forecast at £12m, down from the £13m predicted in the plan and budget.
According to the body, this includes management expenses of £74.6m.
In 2018/19 the FSCS levy was £468m for the nine-month levy year (from
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product