The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has announced its levy for 2019/20.
FSCS will levy firms £532m this year, £16m more than it forecast in its Plan and Budget 2019/20 in January.
Picking out figures for general insurance distribution, the figure is actually lower than forecast at £12m, down from the £13m predicted in the plan and budget.
According to the body, this includes management expenses of £74.6m.
In 2018/19 the FSCS levy was £468m for the nine-month levy year (from
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester