A Feedback Statement examining the duty of care for the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has learned that the majority of respondents to a discussion paper published in July last year think that levels of harm to consumers are high and there needs to be change to better protect them.
As a result of the feedback the FCA received and its early analysis, it has identified options for change that are most likely to address potential deficiencies in consumer protection.
These are:reviewing how
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester