The German legislator has today (22 February) adopted preliminary provisions to authorise the regulator to temporarily extend passporting rights of UK financial institutions including insurers in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
These measures allow the extension of passporting rights post-Brexit for up to 21 months.
Henning Schaloske, partner at Clyde & Co in Dusseldorf, said: “This is a welcome move by the German legislator to remove some of the uncertainty for both insurers and policyholders
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders