The Financial Conduct Authority has found “areas of concern” in the London wholesale market following its inquiry into the space.
The watchdog, which began its probe in November 2017, noted that there was room for improvement in the following:firms’ management of conflicts of interest; the information firms disclose to clients; and contractual agreements between brokers and insurers which, in a small number of cases, have the potential to limit competition.
However, it did not discover
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate