The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has put the cat among the pigeons with its slew of reports and investigations into the personal lines market.
On 31 October the watchdog revealed the findings of its thematic review into household insurance pricing practices; launched a market study into motor and home; issued a dear CEO letter; and opened a discussion on what fairness means in financial services.
The CEO letter was especially excoriating as the FCA warned of significant harm and poor
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR