The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has put the cat among the pigeons with its slew of reports and investigations into the personal lines market.
On 31 October the watchdog revealed the findings of its thematic review into household insurance pricing practices; launched a market study into motor and home; issued a dear CEO letter; and opened a discussion on what fairness means in financial services.
The CEO letter was especially excoriating as the FCA warned of significant harm and poor
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns