The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has confirmed plans to widen access to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for more SMEs.
The watchdog consulted on its proposals in January 2018.
According to the FCA respondents strongly supported the suggested extension and provided valuable feedback on the tests for what constitutes an SME that is able to use the ombudsman service.
It has now published near-final rules so the FOS can start putting necessary measures in place.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Markel buys books of business from Caunce O’Hara
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- Jelf rebrand an opportunity for regional brokers, say experts
- The Blog Spot: RIP Jelf, hello Marsh Commercial - what's in a broking brand?
- CRL stops writing new business amid Alpha fallout
- Chris Dobson outlines future plans as he exits Ageas
- Hyperion merges Howden and RK Harrison