The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has confirmed plans to widen access to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for more SMEs.
The watchdog consulted on its proposals in January 2018.
According to the FCA respondents strongly supported the suggested extension and provided valuable feedback on the tests for what constitutes an SME that is able to use the ombudsman service.
It has now published near-final rules so the FOS can start putting necessary measures in place.
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings