The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned it will take action against general insurance firms who are failing to properly implement rules introduced to increase transparency and encourage shopping around at renewal time.
It is simple, providers must show last year’s premium on renewal documents so customers can compare it with the renewal quote.
It is clear from the FCA Business Plan, just published for 2018/19, that the regulator finds the whole matter rather worrying and has concerns
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY