regulatory submission to the Treasury in favour of self-regulation under a
Mike Williams, chief executive at BIIBA, said: "Ideally we want statutory
regulation, but we are very aware of those significant words that the
government has used - 'we are minded to abolish the statutory basis of
regulation' - and so we have to be realistic."
He said that BIIBA had spoken to "hundreds of its members" on the issue of
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product