Recent guidance from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on using social media for financial promotions serves as a useful clarification, according to prominent figures in the broking market.
The FCA’s 20-page document, issued in March following an industry-wide consultation, notes that any form of communication is capable of being a financial promotion if it includes an invitation or inducement to engage in financial activity.
The regulator said financial promotions, whether on social or
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit