Recent guidance from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on using social media for financial promotions serves as a useful clarification, according to prominent figures in the broking market.
The FCA’s 20-page document, issued in March following an industry-wide consultation, notes that any form of communication is capable of being a financial promotion if it includes an invitation or inducement to engage in financial activity.
The regulator said financial promotions, whether on social or trad
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack