Recent guidance from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on using social media for financial promotions serves as a useful clarification, according to prominent figures in the broking market.
The FCA’s 20-page document, issued in March following an industry-wide consultation, notes that any form of communication is capable of being a financial promotion if it includes an invitation or inducement to engage in financial activity.
The regulator said financial promotions, whether on social or trad
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017