There is no law currently protecting consumers from age discrimination in the provision of goods and services and although the Equality Act 2010 is set to change this, it has not yet been brought into force.
While the Act’s initial proposal included a provision which would still permit insurers to use age as a factor when calculating premiums, experts have pointed out that the exemption is broadly similar to the terms that had existed in the Gender Directive.
In light of the ruling on gender, la
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin