There is no law currently protecting consumers from age discrimination in the provision of goods and services and although the Equality Act 2010 is set to change this, it has not yet been brought into force.
While the Act’s initial proposal included a provision which would still permit insurers to use age as a factor when calculating premiums, experts have pointed out that the exemption is broadly similar to the terms that had existed in the Gender Directive.
In light of the ruling on gender, la
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti