Cyber is so smoking hot experts believe sales of insurance will skyrocket, meaning vast opportunities for brokers and insurers.
But while there is a huge amount of potential, there are unknown and unquantifiable risks and so some may well end up scorched. As shown with the directors’ & officers’ fallout, which occurred in the US following Enron, any new and fast-growing class of business can result in casualties.
For brokers, cyber means there is an expanding role for the truste
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups