Then the New Year honours list is published. Rejoice! It’s the perfect target for all that pent up misanthropy.
And this year the list presented a real treat in the form of a knighthood for Hector Sants, awarded for services to financial services and regulation.
Yes, that is the same Hector Sants who held the role of FSA CEO for five years, standing down in June 2012.
He took up the position mere weeks before Northern Rock went into meltdown, and was also at the helm when RBS made its
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey