Experts from across the legal market have warned that reform post-Jackson could leave SMEs in an increasingly weak position when attempting to pursue claims.
Reforms which focus on stamping out the no-win no-fee process will have a twofold impact on brokers as their smaller clients will be affected and they may also not have adequate resources to take disputes to court.
The argument goes that any SME trying to take on a larger company will be at an immediate disadvantage as a wealthier opponent
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall