Experts from across the legal market have warned that reform post-Jackson could leave SMEs in an increasingly weak position when attempting to pursue claims.
Reforms which focus on stamping out the no-win no-fee process will have a twofold impact on brokers as their smaller clients will be affected and they may also not have adequate resources to take disputes to court.
The argument goes that any SME trying to take on a larger company will be at an immediate disadvantage as a wealthier opponent
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty