Experts from across the legal market have warned that reform post-Jackson could leave SMEs in an increasingly weak position when attempting to pursue claims.
Reforms which focus on stamping out the no-win no-fee process will have a twofold impact on brokers as their smaller clients will be affected and they may also not have adequate resources to take disputes to court.
The argument goes that any SME trying to take on a larger company will be at an immediate disadvantage as a wealthier opponent
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData