Phil Orford, chief executive of the Forum of Private Business (FPB), said that regardless of the colour of the new Government, it had to create an environment of "certainty and stability" in order for businesses to grow.
"Many small businesses have faced extremely tough conditions during the credit crunch," he said.
"Just when we were getting a bit of positive news about the economy coming through, the campaigning started. The general election could not have come at a worse time."
Mr Orford cont
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups