Phil Orford, chief executive of the Forum of Private Business (FPB), said that regardless of the colour of the new Government, it had to create an environment of "certainty and stability" in order for businesses to grow.
"Many small businesses have faced extremely tough conditions during the credit crunch," he said.
"Just when we were getting a bit of positive news about the economy coming through, the campaigning started. The general election could not have come at a worse time."
Mr Orford cont
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product