The Managing General Agent (MGA) is on the rise, with the more disruptive and innovative entities supporting a possible renaissance in the industry. MGAs today appear to be of two types.
Firstly, there are the segment spotters, who have relatively orthodox models and are looking for niche and under-represented business in the market.
You then have the insurtech-driven firms, who possess unique technology or data that improves the customer journey or assists in creating the underwriting ‘edge
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy