Brokers, like so many other smaller businesses, are being squeezed by banks' continuing reluctance to lend. So, much so, that for a chosen few, Aviva has decided to take action.
David Skinn, Aviva's head of bids and propositions, explains: "We've set up an arrangement where brokers in our Club 110 can talk to Macquarie Bank and if all goes well, borrow funds at a preferential rate.
"Certainly from talking to brokers, finding access to funding is not easy - there seems to have been little
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders