The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has formally begun its investigation into ex-Das chief executive officer Paul Asplin, Insurance Age can reveal.
Asplin was found guilty of fraud at Southwark Crown Court on 13 July and sentenced to seven years in jail. He has also been disqualified from serving as a company director for 12 years.
He became a member of the CII in February 1995.
The CII confirmed a formal process had begun despite Asplin resigning his membership last month.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic