The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has formally begun its investigation into ex-Das chief executive officer Paul Asplin, Insurance Age can reveal.
Asplin was found guilty of fraud at Southwark Crown Court on 13 July and sentenced to seven years in jail. He has also been disqualified from serving as a company director for 12 years.
He became a member of the CII in February 1995.
The CII confirmed a formal process had begun despite Asplin resigning his membership last month.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith