David Gauke MP has been appointed as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, following a cabinet reshuffle on 8 January.
Gauke most recently served as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions from June 2017 to January 2018.
Prior to this he was Chief Secretary of the Treasury until June 2017, after previously having held the position of Financial Secretary to the Treasury until July 2016.
He has also served as Shadow Treasury Minister in 2007, where he focused on tax policy.
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin