David Gauke MP has been appointed as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, following a cabinet reshuffle on 8 January.
Gauke most recently served as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions from June 2017 to January 2018.
Prior to this he was Chief Secretary of the Treasury until June 2017, after previously having held the position of Financial Secretary to the Treasury until July 2016.
He has also served as Shadow Treasury Minister in 2007, where he focused on tax policy.
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark