David Gauke MP has been appointed as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, following a cabinet reshuffle on 8 January.
Gauke most recently served as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions from June 2017 to January 2018.
Prior to this he was Chief Secretary of the Treasury until June 2017, after previously having held the position of Financial Secretary to the Treasury until July 2016.
He has also served as Shadow Treasury Minister in 2007, where he focused on tax policy.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData