David Gauke MP has been appointed as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, following a cabinet reshuffle on 8 January.
Gauke most recently served as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions from June 2017 to January 2018.
Prior to this he was Chief Secretary of the Treasury until June 2017, after previously having held the position of Financial Secretary to the Treasury until July 2016.
He has also served as Shadow Treasury Minister in 2007, where he focused on tax policy.
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president