Aviva has expressed its disappointment after an advert starring ex-Formula One driver David Coulthard has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for promoting reckless driving.
The 60-second long ad for the Aviva Drive telematics app featured Coulthard, as a taxi driver, driving at excessive speeds whilst performing various stunts on public roads.
It further featured on-screen text that stated “WARNING Conducted under a controlled environment. Do not attempt to recreate”.
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Ian Gosden retires from GRP-owned Higos
- Hayley Robinson takes on CUO role at Zurich UK