▶ What is the history of the company?
It started with humble origins – just me in my garage on my own with a blank sheet of paper. That really helped because you know you really have to make it work – there is no comfort zone. We moved across to our first offices in Dudley in April 2013 and my wife joined me as my first employee on the first day.
We got to £1m worth of premium after a year and became corporate chartered in 2015. I’m amazed that so few brokers have achieved this. To me it’s
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba