The insurance broking sector is buoyant when it comes to mergers and acquisitions and for brokers looking to sell their business in order to retire there are many buyers willing to step up and make deals.
At one end of the market, the traditional consolidators, including Towergate, Marsh and Integro, are still looking to purchase broking firms. Experts in the market identify some positive outcomes that can come from selling to a consolidator, including the ability to get higher commission rate
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- Blog: Escape of water – a summer time risk?