Colonnade Insurance Brokers for an undisclosed sum.
The Hull-based chain, which is believed to have accumulated debts of over
£1m, approached Colonnade last month in a bid to avoid collapse.
Professional Broking understands that Apex's bankers withdrew its
overdraft facility after its debts continued to mount.
Apex is also believed to owe premiums to some or all of its agency base of
35 insurers and Lloyd's syndicates.
At the time of
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing