Colonnade Insurance Brokers for an undisclosed sum.
The Hull-based chain, which is believed to have accumulated debts of over
£1m, approached Colonnade last month in a bid to avoid collapse.
Professional Broking understands that Apex's bankers withdrew its
overdraft facility after its debts continued to mount.
Apex is also believed to owe premiums to some or all of its agency base of
35 insurers and Lloyd's syndicates.
At the time of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m