After disappointing results for 2010, Ecclesiastical is the latest insurer to look to balance the books and cut back on unprofitable lines and as our timeline shows, it is by no means the first to do this. The past two years have seen several insurers exit areas of the personal lines market in an effort to push up profits.
The knock on effect has been a contraction in the market, especially in personal motor which has led to some rate hardening.
On the commercial side of the fence, however, we
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin