What do the following have in common?
Bluefin, Bollington, Carole Nash, Endsleigh, Hastings, Kwik Fit and Simply Business?
Answer: They have all been acquired [or been invested in] and subsequently sold again by insurers in the 17 years between Covéa [then MMA] buying Swinton in 2001 and selling it this week.
Whilst Ageas [Kwik Fit], Axa [Bluefin], Brit [Simply Business], Groupama [Carole Nash and Bollington], IAG [Hastings] and Zurich [Endsleigh] all came and went as insurer owned-brokers
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders