What do the following have in common?
Bluefin, Bollington, Carole Nash, Endsleigh, Hastings, Kwik Fit and Simply Business?
Answer: They have all been acquired [or been invested in] and subsequently sold again by insurers in the 17 years between Covéa [then MMA] buying Swinton in 2001 and selling it this week.
Whilst Ageas [Kwik Fit], Axa [Bluefin], Brit [Simply Business], Groupama [Carole Nash and Bollington], IAG [Hastings] and Zurich [Endsleigh] all came and went as insurer owned-brokers
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals