What do the following have in common?
Bluefin, Bollington, Carole Nash, Endsleigh, Hastings, Kwik Fit and Simply Business?
Answer: They have all been acquired [or been invested in] and subsequently sold again by insurers in the 17 years between Covéa [then MMA] buying Swinton in 2001 and selling it this week.
Whilst Ageas [Kwik Fit], Axa [Bluefin], Brit [Simply Business], Groupama [Carole Nash and Bollington], IAG [Hastings] and Zurich [Endsleigh] all came and went as insurer owned-brokers
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing