At lunch earlier this week my fellow diners and I reflected on the future of the high street broker.
Not least what has happened in recent years in terms of the retrenchment of Swinton and the success of A-Plan and Coversure.
Among the other topics we discussed was the fact younger generations no longer crave material objects such as CDs and DVDs - given their use of services such as Spotify and Netflix - and that as a result they also expect immediacy.
Long gone are the days were I would
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns