At lunch earlier this week my fellow diners and I reflected on the future of the high street broker.
Not least what has happened in recent years in terms of the retrenchment of Swinton and the success of A-Plan and Coversure.
Among the other topics we discussed was the fact younger generations no longer crave material objects such as CDs and DVDs - given their use of services such as Spotify and Netflix - and that as a result they also expect immediacy.
Long gone are the days were I would
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester