At lunch earlier this week my fellow diners and I reflected on the future of the high street broker.
Not least what has happened in recent years in terms of the retrenchment of Swinton and the success of A-Plan and Coversure.
Among the other topics we discussed was the fact younger generations no longer crave material objects such as CDs and DVDs - given their use of services such as Spotify and Netflix - and that as a result they also expect immediacy.
Long gone are the days were I would
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move