Brokers have criticised the practice of dual pricing and questioned why this model still exists in the insurance industry.
Dual pricing returned to the headlines last September when Citizens Advice slammed the practice of overcharging loyal customers. The national charity lodged a super-complaint with the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and insurance was one of five industries listed as culprits.
Mark Bower-Dyke, chairman of Be Wiser, stated that renewal premiums should be lower rather
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management