Allianz UK chief executive officer Jon Dye has been named as the new chair of the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
This follows the resignation of Amanda Blanc last week, after she left her role as EMEA CEO of Zurich.
The insurer trade body noted that Dye will serve a one-year term, after which the board chair role will revert to a two-year tenure.
Dye has been on the ABI board since January 2015, and chaired the ABI audit committee between 2016 and 2018.
He stated that Blanc is
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs