Zurich has appointed Alison Martin to the role of chief executive officer Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) and bank distribution with immediate effect.
She replaces former Axa UK boss Amanda Blanc, who resigned from the role last week.
Zurich stated that Martin will continue to oversee the group risk management function for a limited period of time until a suitable successor has been found.
Martin joined Zurich in October 2017 and took on the group chief risk officer position in January
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders