Collapsed Gibraltar-based insurer Elite Insurance has sent a letter to its brokers, creditors and coverholders, outlining its proposed solvency scheme.
Elite stated in the letter that it remains solvent and able to pay its liabilities in full. The scheme also provides a framework for an orderly run-off and solvent winding up, which avoids the appointment of a liquidator.
It warned that liquidation would be costly for creditors and could delay claims payments.
Legal expenses provider Elite
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues