Allianz UK chief executive Jon Dye has stated that brokers will benefit from the insurer’s deal to buy the general insurance business of Legal & General for £242m and its purchase of the remaining stake of LV.
He described that combining the L&G GI business with the LV GI portfolio is a “good move” which will build a stronger unit.
In a call with journalists on 31 May, Dye said: “If you look across the three businesses, brokers will still be the biggest distribution channel. That demonstrates
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click