The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published a warning against clone managing general agent Insure4Life, posing as Insure4Sport.
The regulator stated that the clone MGA is not authorised or registered by the FCA but is targeting people in the UK claiming to be an authorised firm.
According to the FCA, fraudsters usually use this tactic when contacting people out of the blue and may use the name of the genuine firm and mix in false details.
The regulator detailed that the clone firm has
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click