The first review of the personal injury discount rate will start today (19 March), according to a statement on the London Stock Exchange.
Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice David Gauke is set to make an announcement confirming the news later today.
The statement detailed that the Civil Liability Act 2018 requires the Lord Chancellor to conduct the review and determine whether the rate should be changed or kept at its current level within 140 days.
This means the decision must
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey