The first review of the personal injury discount rate will start today (19 March), according to a statement on the London Stock Exchange.
Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice David Gauke is set to make an announcement confirming the news later today.
The statement detailed that the Civil Liability Act 2018 requires the Lord Chancellor to conduct the review and determine whether the rate should be changed or kept at its current level within 140 days.
This means the decision must
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand