Aviva has posted a 4% rise in operating profit for the UK general insurance business to £415m in 2018 from £400m in 2017.
Its UK combined operating ratio (COR) remained flat at 93.8% for 2018 (2017: 93.9%), while it also reported a small rise in total net written premiums (NWP) in the UK to £4.19bn in 2018 (2017: £4.08bn).
Looking at commercial lines, NWP rose by 8% to £1.70bn (2017: £1.58bn), while commercial COR improved to 96.1% in 2018 from 96.7% in the preceding year.
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns