Aviva has posted a 4% rise in operating profit for the UK general insurance business to £415m in 2018 from £400m in 2017.
Its UK combined operating ratio (COR) remained flat at 93.8% for 2018 (2017: 93.9%), while it also reported a small rise in total net written premiums (NWP) in the UK to £4.19bn in 2018 (2017: £4.08bn).
Looking at commercial lines, NWP rose by 8% to £1.70bn (2017: £1.58bn), while commercial COR improved to 96.1% in 2018 from 96.7% in the preceding year.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester