Aviva has posted a 4% rise in operating profit for the UK general insurance business to £415m in 2018 from £400m in 2017.
Its UK combined operating ratio (COR) remained flat at 93.8% for 2018 (2017: 93.9%), while it also reported a small rise in total net written premiums (NWP) in the UK to £4.19bn in 2018 (2017: £4.08bn).
Looking at commercial lines, NWP rose by 8% to £1.70bn (2017: £1.58bn), while commercial COR improved to 96.1% in 2018 from 96.7% in the preceding year.
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers