Gross written premium (GWP) at Direct Line Group fell by 5.3% in 2018, according to its financial results.
The insurer’s total GWP was £3.2bn, compared to £3.4bn in 2017 and its operating profit also decreased to £601.7m (2017: £642.8m).
The provider stated that profit fell despite the figure including a £55m benefit from moving to an assumed 0% Ogden discount rate.
Combined operating ratio (COR) for the business came in at 91.7% in 2018, a slight deterioration from the 90.8% is posted last
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester