Gross written premium (GWP) at Direct Line Group fell by 5.3% in 2018, according to its financial results.
The insurer’s total GWP was £3.2bn, compared to £3.4bn in 2017 and its operating profit also decreased to £601.7m (2017: £642.8m).
The provider stated that profit fell despite the figure including a £55m benefit from moving to an assumed 0% Ogden discount rate.
Combined operating ratio (COR) for the business came in at 91.7% in 2018, a slight deterioration from the 90.8% is posted last
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA