Gross written premium (GWP) at Direct Line Group fell by 5.3% in 2018, according to its financial results.
The insurer’s total GWP was £3.2bn, compared to £3.4bn in 2017 and its operating profit also decreased to £601.7m (2017: £642.8m).
The provider stated that profit fell despite the figure including a £55m benefit from moving to an assumed 0% Ogden discount rate.
Combined operating ratio (COR) for the business came in at 91.7% in 2018, a slight deterioration from the 90.8% is posted last
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move