Aviva has promoted Maurice Tulloch to chief executive officer, effective 4 March.
This follows on from the departure of previous CEO Mark Wilson in October last year. He first took up the post in January 2013.
Aviva chairman Sir Adrian Montague, who had been in the role on an interim basis pending the appointment on a new CEO, has reverted to his position as non-executive chairman.
Tulloch, who was named UK and Ireland general insurance CEO of the insurer in October 2013, moved to a global
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers