RSA UK has posted an underwriting loss of £106m in 2018, along with a combined operating ratio of 104% (2017: 104.3%).
This follows its shock warning last year that it had suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
In addition, net written premiums decreased slightly for the UK business to £2.59bn in 2018 from £2.69bn in the preceding year, which the provider noted was due to exiting parts of its portfolio in its London Market international business.
The UK & International division
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs