RSA UK has posted an underwriting loss of £106m in 2018, along with a combined operating ratio of 104% (2017: 104.3%).
This follows its shock warning last year that it had suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
In addition, net written premiums decreased slightly for the UK business to £2.59bn in 2018 from £2.69bn in the preceding year, which the provider noted was due to exiting parts of its portfolio in its London Market international business.
The UK & International division
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester