RSA UK has posted an underwriting loss of £106m in 2018, along with a combined operating ratio of 104% (2017: 104.3%).
This follows its shock warning last year that it had suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
In addition, net written premiums decreased slightly for the UK business to £2.59bn in 2018 from £2.69bn in the preceding year, which the provider noted was due to exiting parts of its portfolio in its London Market international business.
The UK & International division
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers