Ageas UK chief executive Andy Watson has hailed the insurer’s 2018 results, stating that its profitability has returned to pre-Ogden levels.
The provider posted a threefold profit leap to £76.7m and an improved combined operating ratio in 2018, but also revealed a decrease in GWP across all of its divisions.
When asked why premium had fallen Watson told Insurance Age: “The general market conditions during 2018 were such that for both motor and household across the market premiums have been
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers